The following were our line of action and accordingly we were working for the past many years. The letters linked
in the menu bar above are pertainging to the following issues:-
1. Pay Scale Rs 7450 like CBI or 7500 to Inspectors. We have taken upthe issue with a resolution from TRICHY meeting in Sept. 2008.
2. Counting of service from 1st July following the year of Exam (SSC conducting Exam for DR Inspectors).
3. Eligibility of Inspector for promotion on completion of 3 years (not 8 years as per DopT OM).
4. Recruitment Rules amendment for providing minimum no of promotions within the RRs like all other Cadres in Govt. Depts. (CSS Clerical cadre, CSS Section officers cadre, AFHQ, AG Br. etc provided minimum 4-5 promotions and staff strength in each cadre in ONE SINGLE RR as a service recognised separately).
5. Declaring Inspector cadre as Organised Group 'B' Service to enable starting pay Rs 4600 with NFSG Rs 5400 GP on completion of 4 years like Tahsildar and other Group B services of Union Territories (they are considered as States- Delhi is a state and employees are under UT formula like Delhi Police, DANICS, DANIPS etc) or Rs 4800 in organized Group B services where the Supdt level officers are in PB –III with Asst. Commisstioner Garde Scale w.e.f the 6th CPC -1.1.2006. That is the reason we are demanding separate service for Group B officers.
6. Insitu promotions wherever the dept is not able to provide promotions (Scientific depts. are doing research on science and our officers are doing research on Taxation either TRU, Preventive, Audit etc.).
7. Promotion on from Inspector to next grade like in CBI to the Group A post or scale (declare Superintendent as Group A- The Asst. Commandants till 2006 were in Group B and were being rect. like DR Appraiser and Expert Supdts in Excise) and then prompted to Deputy Commissioner in STS.
8. Instead of complete posts providing for one time relaxation provide 5%-10% of the DR quota for Departmental Exam to provide a venue of promotion from the Inspector and Superintendents level by competition exam among them.
9. Common seniority in CBEC in each Grade by following the present order of Apex Court on 27.11.2012-Recrutment year as bench mark followed by Merit list ranking for Dr and DPC ranking for promotees.
10. Relax all Notifications providing eligibility on the basis of Designation on retirement like for practicing as Customs Broker, Representing before judicial forum (presently it is Group A with experience), this will enable all retiring officers with one promotion will be able to become a Customs Broker at least or represent before judicial forums also. In addition consider training for all retiring officers from the feeder cadre for Group A to bring knowledge level to enable them eligible for such profession on retirement at par with Group A officers.
11. As dept is bringing a new set up of Audit Commissionerates post only Accounts based or legally qualified officers with a special scale and all others after training them in accounts and other packages with routine pay and allowances to encourage officer to get initiative in learning. This will enable them on retirement to become a better consultant than others with more practical knowledge and theoretical knowledge by learning in service, so that the Dept. officers become more suitable than CA and CSs and Cost Accountants in some of the areas of profession at least.
12. Fixing time limit on service matter like Medical bill finalization, Scholarship grants etc.
13. Fixing number of levels in each work allocated like Refund application received must have 2-3 levels, like Medical bill submitted also have 2-3 levels and all representations should have only 2-3 level for giving final result.
14. Provide Laptops to All Inspectors and above working in Audit, Preventive, LTU, CC office, Technical, Ranges, Legal etc., with net access in office through wi-fi and Internet connection for those going to field level for performing the duties.
15. Reward on detection in audit and fraud detection in preventive should be liberally decided on scale basis without leaving a scope for any discrimination. Audit unit allotment to a group should be not selective but by a sequence to avoid and match-fixing.
16. Immediate release of scholarships on completion of academic year and within 3 months of results declared. All applications should be disposed off at Zonal CCA level to avoid delay.
17. Sanction of funds for through CCs of respective zones for all infrastructural developments to avoid delay in finalizing the proposals and escalation of costs due to delay.
18. Keep leave vacancy posts in all Executive posts like in CPWD and other cadres.
19. Publish all documents related to administration and execution of various schemes for information of the stake holders and transparency.
20. Provide all forms of general use on CBEC site or DG HRD site centrally for use in the office or by officers like leave form, GPF application, Scholarship etc. (presently available not in filling format but in pdf format)
21. Declare the duties of each post (not only for few and no duty list for others) with responsibility and entitlements etc.,. including Dos and DO nots.
22. Sanction the Local Travel Expenditure at par with Income Tax Dept. giving for ITI and ITOs.
23. Incentive for working with modern technowlogy of Computerisation inspite of not recruited for this kind of situations (pay for our own upgradations as an incentive for using latest technokwlogy in office work)
24. Pay Festival advances to officers in the field formations without any restrcitions.
25. Encourage departmentsl co-operative societies in Housing sector with a provision for administrative support and financial advances.
26.Pay Interset on any delayed payment of dues to staff.
27.Transfer policy in clear terms than in vougue nature may be issued. (now the Apex Court supported the IAS and IIPS etc., So we have legal backing now.) a policy on internal posting transfers in a Commisionerat is not defined till now.
28.IMplement Court orders as per the importance. If individual IC&CE officer obtained a CAT order it will be implemented w/o appeal the same logic may be applied in similar cases in CBEC. The SC SLP on Rs 5400 GP should be considered as parity in staff policy matters of Govt. of India than otherwise.
29. And many other issues were raised and actively persued till now are only required to be taken further to see a light of success on these matters in the future.